Team hub Denver Broncos

FanCom Home Of The 3X Super Bowl Champion Broncos

What up Broncos Country?! So this year was clearly less than ideal, and as a fan with only few years of highschool football under his belt, I would like to humbly take a shot at trying to get us back to our winning ways.

This draft, and free agency I think presents a great opportunity for the Broncos to do a complete renovation of the offense. Now I don't understand cap situations really, but let me know if y'all think this at least doable.

As it sits now we have a 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7 for draft picks, that's a lot to work with, but hang with me, I'm about to drop a hypothetical bomb and really shake things up.

Freeing up cap space: 

- Try and trade Aqib Talib for a third round pick. Aqib is probably one of my favorite players, and hard to let go, but if you watched his effort in his last play of the year, it was embarrassing. I think he is checked out mentally, a change of scenery could be a huge win for Talib and the Broncos. His talent at least warrants a third right?

- Try and trade Emmanuel Sanders for a third round pick. This is probably the least sensical move since, cutting DT makes a lot more sense from a money standpoint. But, I like DT, and maybe you can restructure his contract. He's one of the top receivers in Broncos history, and i perhaps unfairly feel like some Broncos might exhale with Sanders gone.

-Try and trade Paxton Lynch for a sixth round pick. The Paxton project didn't pan out, at this point I'd like to see us move on and try and salvage some value

In this hypothetical scenario the Broncos now have 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7. If you've hung with me this far I would invite you to step a little further down my rabbit hole and dig this. Trade 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and next year's 2 to get back into the first, a 3, 3, and 6 to get back into the late 2nd round... Now our picks look like this: 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

The Draft

1- Josh Rosen/Baker Mayfield: I would love if either were available.

1- Connor Williams: Instant upgrade over Bolles

2- Ronald Jones II: Jamal Charles 2.0

3- Deontay Barnett: Sanders replacement, could be a great weapon in the slot, I think he would be a nice addition

4- JC Jackson: Need another DB with Talib gone, and I really don't trust Langley that much yet, I think this make sense and you let the two battle it out for the nickel corner role.

5- Azeem Victor: I think a little new blood in the LB department could help get things a little more competitive in the middle.

6- Quinton Flowers: Value pick here, not sure if he plays QB, but the dude is a joystick running the ball, RB would be a great role for him. The guy can just play football.

Free Agency:

- I would bring in Josh McGown as a bridge for Rosen, pay big for Greg Robinson LT for the lions, and bring in Paul Richardson to add to the WR room. 

I think doing all of this is halfway feasible at least In the mind of a guy who has only played football at the highschool level, HAHA!!!!

If you have taken time to read all this, thank you and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Go Broncos!!!!

New Reply
Please login to post a reply