Team hub Denver Broncos

FanCom Home Of The 3X Super Bowl Champion Broncos

Yes I know everyone's freaking out about the missed call in the Saints game. Bad time of the game for it to happen but it is a long game...and Sean Payton should never have called that kind of pass in that situation given the game situation and clock. Be curious what the Fancom players think....I have three ideas, one that is playoffs-specific and two that are replay-specific: 1) Stop the process of awarding playoff officiating to best-rated officials....and instead award playoffs to the best crews. That way you have more continuity...the way it is now, it is like a QB playing with a WR from another team for the first time in a playoff game. OF COURSE, there will be big mistakes. 2-3) Expand instant replay to cover penalties or unpenalized plays that are clearly able to be reviewed, such as obvious pass interference or roughing the QB (head shot)/targeting receiver. Also, with all the resources the NFL has, install cam over the goal line for clear scoring reviews (Bill Belichick has long advocated for this). Thoughts? I think it's easy to criticize what happened today or didn't happen today. But in my view, the real issue is how the game is set up and can be fixed to ensure a better future putcome - for all players and teams, and of course, fans.
New Reply
Please login to post a reply