Team hub Cleveland Browns

Home of the 8 Time League Champions

Oct 04, 2017 08:33PM

Oct 04, 2017 10:22PM

Oct 05, 2017 12:36PM

Oct 05, 2017 01:04PM

Ray
Oct 05, 2017 07:50PM

Kizer has been getting off to a slow start each game, but he has been able to put together drives that I haven't seen in recent years. The unit is hurting itself with penalties and drops, and Kizer has killed some drives with sacks and turnovers. I expected Kizer to look rough all season, with hopes he would progress before the end. If he is correcting some of his decision making mistakes throughout the second half the season, I will be happy to have him as a franchise QB. If he isn't maturing, I'd be hard pressed to blame the Browns for grabbing a QB next draft - although I'd prefer hey didn't. I think the fact that he is getting this experience the silver lining. 

The defense has struggled since Collins went down, and struggled against TE's while he was active. But I think an upgraded pass rush and Collins' return will hopefully fix things. This leaves WR as the biggest problem. Coleman is solid when healthy, but not elite. Britt is better than the games he is turning in, and we will see if he picks up the play this year or gets cut. Louis makes big catches now and then, but also drops too often. He isn't getting separation, but based on his comments about training with Brandon Marshall, I think he is expecting to use his size to win contested catches, and Kizer isn't throwing him jump balls in tight coverage. Higgins showed he can be a solid slot receiver, but also needs to work on separation and consistency. 

What do you think of Crowell? His defenders say he needs the ball more often to get going, but he always seemed like the "take what's given to you" style of runner to me. I've seen him often lose his balance before or at the first hit. I think we need a more powerful runner to make something out of nothing or make Duke the lead back and hope his elusiveness pays off.

New Reply
Please login to post a reply