Team hub Minnesota Vikings

Home of the Purple And Orange 1969 NFL Champions

I’d be taking my dad to the game, who made me the sports fan I am today. I would love to surprise him. I plan on renting a car and driving 22 hours straight, from Boston to Minneapolis. I want to document my entire trip via video blog for Fancom, with updates from each city until finally arriving in MN with my pops.

I want to take him to this game with me because he’s taken me to so many games throughout the last 20 years. He’s been a loyal season ticket holder of the Pats since the very early 1970’s, & stuck by them even when they were dreadful.

I’d love to return at least a fraction of the favor to him for raising me and passing on that loyalty to me. We’ve had our ups and downs, like any family, being the youngest of 5 boys, I know it wasn’t easy for my parents to raise us. I spent most of my life in public housing in the inner city of Boston, while my dad worked long weeks in the winter to keep us afloat. Looking back, it was never easy, but he did his best to make it seem like it was.

Now that he’s retired, it would be my dream to pack up a rental car and drive 1400 miles to the big game. Imma second generation truck driver, so between us we’ve driven probably a million miles. I’d love to see him meet some of the NFL Legends of the game he’s always loved!

New Reply
Please login to post a reply