Team hub Minnesota Vikings

Home of the Purple And Orange 1969 NFL Champions

Message: Ranking The Best Super Bowl Performances of All Time.

With another year, comes another Super Bowl and subsequently, another halftime spectacle.

With so many memorable performances throughout the years, I've decided to compile a list of my favorite halftime shows of all time. This post would be a mile long if I ranked all 51, so I've narrowed it down to my personal TOP 10.

• [10]. Janet Jackson & Justin Timberlake ft. Diddy, Nelly, Jessica Simpson & Kid Rock.

Perhaps the most famous halftime show of all time. Aside from the controversal "wardrobe malfunction' at the conclusion of the perfomance, this was one of the better shows ever.

• [9]. Katy Perry ft. Lenny Kravitz & Missy Elliot. (2015)

Some will remember the infamous dancing shark, which went viral within seconds after the Super Bowl XLIX halftime show. Katy Perry played a good melody of hits & she sure is easy to look at.

• [8]. Bruno Mars ft. Red Hot Chili Peppers (2014)

Bruno Mars is a perfomer. Unfortunatley for viewers, The Broncos were NOT in this forgetable Super Bowl blowout in the Big Apple.

• [7]. Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. (2009)

The Boss did not dissapoint in this 13 minute melody at Super Bowl XLIII. One of the few halftime perfomances that left viewers actually wanting more. Raw musical energy from Bruce & company.

• [6]. Diana Ross (1996)

The legendary Diana Ross went through 4 wardobe changes in 12 minutes, which alone, in itself is worthy of a top 10 nod. A pretty good Super Bowl between legendary franchise teams Dallas & Pittsburgh.

• [5]. The Who. (2010)

Even though Pete Townshend & the boys openly could care less about american football, It'd be tough to not put this legendary perfomance in the top 5. Baba O'Reily with lasers in a stadium is just too good not to.

• [4]. Michael Jackson. (1993)

The legendary King Of Pop. Enough said.

• [3]. Beyonce. (2013)

Queen Bey. Fog machines. Fireworks. Sign me up. This woman was BORN to perfom, and certainly proves it in this fan favorite halftime show. Along with her girls from Destiny's Child, this was one i had on repeat during my research.

• [2]. Prince. (2007)

Quite possibly my favorite artist of all time, When Prince saw it was raining at the Super Bowl for the first time ever, he said "Can you make it rain hardeer?" LEGEND. He took purple rain to a quite literal level with one of the top halftime shows of all time.

• [1]. U2. (2002)

Man, this one right here. .... I gotta tell ya, without taking into consideration this was the Patriots' first Super Bowl win, begining the greatest dynasty in sports history. Aside from the fact that this was an all out "Proud To Be An American" perfomance after the most devastating terror attack in U.S. history. This was a memorable perfomance in every aspect. I can barely hit the play button without getting emotional for this one. Bono & company delivered all the hits in a 12 minute medley that could have moved you from one side of the room to the other. Theres no way this could have not been #1, at least for me. Now i'll be right back, I have something in my eye.

New Reply
Please login to post a reply