We're ready to rock the Bold North! Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis have finalized several more musical acts and a full schedule of performers who will play free concerts at Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon, the Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee's 10-day festival along Nicollet Mall that will be free and open to the public.
Showcasing the Minnesota Sound and music across many genres, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis have created a musical lineup with something for everyone that is sure to heat up the Bold North with free concerts at the Verizon Up Stage at Ice Mountain on Nicollet Mall. Brother Ali, Rae Sremmurd, Skylar Grey, X Ambassadors and many more artists join an already-stellar cast of performers that were announced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis in December. There is something for everyone during the 10-days of performances. Highlights include:
- The Verizon Up Stage at Ice Mountain will formally open on Friday, January 26 with Tony Award winning icon Idina Menzel performing the song “Let It Go,” from the Disney movie Frozen. After the kickoff, hometown favorite Cynthia Johnson will sing Funkytown with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis joining them on stage.
- Saturday, January 27 will feature a flavor of Minnesota’s vibrant hip-hop scene with performances by deM atlaS, Brother Ali and Prof.
- Monday, January 29 will be a “Salute to Prince” with performances by The Revolution, Sheila E., Morris Day and the Time, as well as a community sing-along of Purple Rain and other Prince favorites.
- Wednesday, January 31 will feature performances by Dessa, Mint Condition, and New Power Generation with Andre Cymone.
- Thursday, February 1 will include performances from Cobi, The Jets and Skylar Grey.
- On the eve of Super Bowl LII, Saturday, February 3, musical performances include an eclectic rock line-up of Bob Mould, The Suburbs, The Jayhawks, Soul Asylum and X Ambassadors.
Please login to post a reply