Team hub Cleveland Browns

Home of the 8 Time League Champions

Oct 11, 2017 10:02AM

Oct 11, 2017 10:38AM

Oct 12, 2017 07:20PM

I can see arguments for both sides. Hue said he would ride the highs and lows and is only hurting his own credibility here. I am generally not a fan of starting rookie QB's, and even though no studies support either side of the sitting vs starting them debate, I think it is beneficial to get them into the system before they hit the field. I don't like using Dak or Wentz as examples, as their teams are more accomplished, but Carr went into a rebuilding Raiders team and spent his first season getting beat up just to learn the game. It worked out wonderfully for him. Since Hue made that decision and that claim at the start of the season, he should've stuck with his guns

On the other hand, while Kizer has claimed his confidence is intact and his clock is speeding up, he appeared to be missing open throws in an attempt to speed up his game. I cannot say whether he is turning skittish or trying to force faster decisions, but whatever the motivation it wasn't working. You also have to think of the rest of he team. They are working just as hard and need reps to develop. If Hogan is going to keep the offense on the field longer and make he reads Kizer misses, it benefits everybody's future. And maybe by watching someone else in Hue's system with the same players, he will start seeing what previously eluded him. 

Ultimately, I will cheer whoever is on this field, but Hogan seems like the best player for team based on this year's performances alone. Let him get this team going and Kizer will have to fight in practice and the offseason to win the job back

Oct 14, 2017 08:07AM

Oct 16, 2017 08:45AM

Oct 16, 2017 07:12PM

Oct 17, 2017 12:39PM
New Reply
Please login to post a reply